Becoming a writer is not very difficult. Anyone with decent command over language and stories to tell can write. The problem is not with writing but with good writing. As a professional writer, the skills required are different from a writer who writes as a hobby. A budding writer who wants to write a novel or tell a story which could be well-liked by the readers should put some efforts into planning the whole process. Here is an article source with some tips for new writers.
1. Writing professionally is different from writing for oneself. A good writer always has a deadline and a goal when he starts writing. Without a deadline, it could become difficult to complete the project. Try and find out the number of words you are able to write in a day comfortably. There will be good and bad days but try to keep to this limit and push the limits to achieve more.
2. It is almost impossible to just sit and start writing with no plan and just a faint idea. Only a few gifted writers can do this. It is better to have a synopsis, an outline, and, an idea of what you want to write about. Preparing before you start writing can prevent writing blocks. It will also give you an idea about the time and effort you will need.
3. While preparing to write your novel, it is a good idea to develop all the characters well. Also, spend time to understand and get familiar with them. You should think of them as close friends. If you know them well, you will be able to imagine the scenes and interactions between different characters in a better way.
4. All established writers say that they prefer sitting down and writing at a particular time and even like to sit in a specific place. This can make you more disciplined and more productive. Choose a time with minimum distractions and stick to the schedule as far as possible.
5. The right equipment and the right tools are also important. Some people like to use a typewriter while some like the old fashioned way of putting pen to paper. If you are going to use your computer then make sure that you have the right software and language programs. The table and chair should also be comfortable as you may have to sit for hours continuously.
6. New writers should desist from editing everything they write. The first draft can have mistakes. Spend time and energy on writing the story before you edit anything. Continuously editing can make you write and rewrite unnecessarily and you may get stuck and not move forward.
Writing can be a lonely activity, so take breaks and also try to find other writers and connect with them when possible. This can help with the creative process.